Trustees, Braintree District Museum Trust
We are keen for our Trustees to provide a diverse community voice, encouragement, strategic direction and specialist support. The Trust aims to collect and promote the heritage of Braintree District and establish the Warner Textile Archive as an international design and manufacturing resource. Throughout the year we care and research the collections, provide education for all ages, varied events including the annual Braintree Textile Fair, exhibitions and commercial services from our extensive textile designs all supported by a committed team of staff and volunteers.
We are currently looking for;
COLLECTIONS & EXHIBITIONS TRUSTEE
The Trust owns the nationally important Warner Textile Archive collection with responsibility for managing the important Museum collection on behalf of Braintree District Council both to full accreditation standards. Digital transformation includes the creation of a catalogue and engagement programme for the Warner Textile Archive. A Trustee is sought to support and help develop resources for maintaining Arts Council England Museum Accreditation; advocate an audience focus for the collections and exhibition programme and guide the digital journey of the Trust.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Guide an audience focused approach to collections development at the Archive and Museum.
- Support Arts Council England Full Accreditation for the Archive and Museum Collections.
- Help the Board consider digital’s role across the collection and exhibition programme.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of the care, conservation and management of local Museum and specialist textile collections.
- Understanding Archive and Museum audiences.
- Experience and knowledge of digital applications within the charity, heritage or museum sector.
- Ensure the Trust follows its ethical collecting responsibilities.
Trust meetings are currently held remotely by ZOOM at 7.30pm on the last Wednesday of the month with intermediate staff briefings quarterly by mutual arrangement.
Please contact Robert on 0797 099 3705 or at email@example.com for how the Trust can support you to join the team.